Dear FEUER participants,
We are excitedly looking forward to being with you at the upcoming FEUER conference – albeit online!
We are delighted to say that over 450 participants have registered, from 40 European countries and from 20 countries outside Europe.
- We hope you will be able to attend the whole conference, but if you can’t, you will be welcome to participate in as much as you are able.
- There will be many country reports from around Europe, telling of some exciting and encouraging initiatives being taken by different student ministries. I’m sure that will be one of the highlights of the conference. Many of the countries reporting are listed in the programme.
- It is not too late to register, and if you know of any current or potential university evangelists, national staff-workers and others who could profit from the conference, please ask them to register as soon as possible and pass this information on to them. Click here to register.
- As you read the programme, do please note that all timings are in Central European Time (CET) – ie the actual time in countries like France, Germany, Italy etc. UK/Ireland are 1 hour behind, and much of eastern Europe is 1 hour ahead. Do make sure you access the online meetings at the right time for your country. Please register to receive information about how to join the meetings.
- One of the most important sections of the programme is the small groups held each morning, during which each participant has the opportunity to give a brief evangelistic talk. It is always best to prepare this talk beforehand, so we are enclosing some guidelines (produced by Michael Ots) to help you with preparation for this. Your talk will be delivered in the context of the small in-country group after the morning plenary session and gently critiqued by the small group. A group coordinator will be in touch with you in the next week or so to confirm which group you will be in, as some countries like UK, Spain etc will have multiple groups. If you have not heard from a group leader by Nov 1st and would like to be in a small group, please write to us so we can rectify that.
There are some individuals who are either the only person from their country, or one of only 2 or 3, in which case you may be placed in a group of individuals from a variety of countries, but again you should be contacted about this before Nov 1st.
Finally, the conference itself finishes on Saturday, late afternoon, 7th Nov, but on that evening, we have an exciting evangelistic event organised by Andy Mayo and his team of musicians from all around Europe. This will include musical presentations from many different countries, a drama presentation and a short evangelistic talk by Michael Ots, as well as visual contributions.
We trust it will be a wonderful example of how to prepare and deliver the gospel online and that it will inspire you to develop other opportunities within your country or local group. This will be the only session of the conference which will have a specific evangelistic focus, so please share the invitation widely amongst your non-believing friends and contacts, as it will provide a wonderful opportunity for them to hear the gospel and, we trust, in due time to respond to the claims of Jesus Christ.
If you have any questions, please feel free to write. In the meantime, please be praying for God’s hand of blessing both on the conference itself and the evangelistic event on the Sat evening.
Warmest regards to you all,